Wednesday, December 12, 2007

"Little Old Mickey"


7"x5"
Alkyd on Board
$90 includes domestic s/h

I came across this painting the other day--it's one of the first ones I did a year ago after I had discovered the "daily painters", all their wonderful little paintings and had decided to try it myself. I was so inspired by all the different subjects people worked with, the things that I would never have thought of painting. Discovering the daily painters really gave me a huge shot of adrenalin as far as my artwork went! And it still does. Posting this painting is a bit of a celebration of all that. The figurine is one I found--or at least claimed--from an old building on a farm my dad bought years ago. I'm pretty certain it is pre-WWII Japan. Painted porcelain.

click here to ask about purchase information

No comments: