Thursday, June 9, 2011

"Coffee and News at the Riverside Market"

14x18"
Oil on Panel
Available--Please contact me for purchase information

What a great subject the Riverside Market is!  It's old, a bit funky, has personality, chairs and tables that don't match and all that wonderful natural light streaming in!  I imagine this isn't the last painting I will be doing from there.  However, it IS one of the last I'll be putting up on the Daily Painters Gallery for awhile.  Though I will keep posting on my blog, as of the 13th, I am taking a hiatus from the DPG to keep sane this summer while I am doing illustration work, teaching and doing some traveling.  I will be painting but without the pressure of feeling like I need to be doing "daily paintings".  Anyone who has been watching my blog has probably observed that I've been having a hard time getting something posted everyday anyway!  Now I just don't have to feel the guilt!  (-:

So, subscribe to follow my blog if you'd like to keep up with my new work this summer!  I will be going to the east coast soon and am looking forward to getting inspired in NYC, then to Vancouver BC where I always come away with lots of subjects I want to paint!

1 comment:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I'm diggin the girl on the left with the tattoos.