Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Found Treasures"

Image Size:  5.5"x7.5
Watercolor on 140# Arches
$90 includes s/h
Contact me to purchase this painting through Paypal
I found this butterfly at the end of the summer on the ground in a parking lot.  At first I thought it was still living, but as I approached it there was no movement, so now it sits with the other "found treasures" in our house.
I took a little watercolor "boot-camp" a couple of Saturdays ago put on by Sondra Holtzman and loved it!  Watercolor, for me. has mainly been the medium I use for making quick sketches out of doors or roughs for more finished oil paintings, rarely as an end in themselves.  I've always been a bit intimidated by them!  Painting something like this, though, to me is like a meditation.  I love the simplicity of the subject, the playing with muted tones and using natural light.


No comments: