Monday, February 18, 2008

"Old Malone Elevator"


6"x8"
Oil on Board
(framed painting currently available through Tumalo Art Company)


This past weekend, I took a little trip to where I grew up (Merrill, OR) to visit and get some inspiration for painting--little did I expect so much snow and such cold! One of the benefits of that, though, is the crystal blue sky that absolutely sparkles. The Klamath Basin is an agricultural area and quite beautiful. I have always been drawn to the grain elevators standing starkly against the sky. This area is also on the flight path of many birds and I was thrilled to see bald eagles and flocks of snow geese and swans. What a treat!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Vicki, beautiful artwork! My dad is Vic Lousignont, he died in 1968. Victor Shuck was his cousin. Oh the stories I could tell!! (: