Friday, February 1, 2008

"Weekend Market" (sold)


6"x12"
Oil on Board
Besides teaching, this is what I have been spending the last two days on and didn't finish it in time to photograph it yesterday to post. So! Today will, hopefully, see two posts! This painting is another scene from the Summer Festival here in Bend last July. It was a challenge to me to find a balance in how much information to put down and where--I could have had two different focal areas. I had a difficult time at the beginning because I didn't have the drawing down correctly and didn't realize it until well into painting! Also, working from photos definitely has its own set of issues. I need more time to live with it, but at this point I feel I've brought this painting to a conclusion that I am pretty happy with.

Click here to ask me about purchase information.

No comments: