Monday, October 25, 2010

Study For "Wedding Day"


6"x6"
Oil on Board
$140 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask to purchase this painting through Paypal

I've been wanting to do a larger painting of this image (my niece the day of her wedding), and was only thinking of her as the subject with no background. I looked at the photos, though, and liked the story that it suggested. She was at her childhood home, looking out the window after she had put on her wedding dress. Maybe she was just conscious of the fact that pictures were being taken of her, but, then again, maybe she was thinking about what lay before her that day.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love this...much better than a posed painting. I thought right away that she was think about the day and new life that lay before her. Says so much more to me.