Saturday, April 30, 2011

Untitled #1 and #2

2 panels, each measuring 20"x11"
Oil on 1.5" cradled board
$300 each plus s/h
click here to ask about purchase information

I am getting ready for a show in June and these two paintings are the first of 5 I am doing that are focusing on the figure, keeping a plain background that will unify them all and that will hang together.  I've been wanting to try this for awhile.  I did a drawing awhile back , "Walk" pictured below, that increased my interest in isolating the figure and not including the background.  I want to see what this looks like!  I want to just zero in on the person and ask the viewer to do the same.  In my mind's eye, I see a series of these paintings hanging together--I'd love it if I end up having time to do more than five for the show!  I haven't figured out a title yet. I'm searching for a word or phrase that describes the idea.



"Walk"  graphite on bristol board, $225 plus s/h, click here to ask about purchasing this drawing through Paypal





1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

Hi vicky. I opened my latest Blick catalogue and recognized your art right away. How cool! Congrats on being splashed all over! Way to go girl.