Monday, April 14, 2008

"Gerberas" (sold)


6"x6"
Oil on Board
I was inspired by a wonderful painting of a flat of pansies by Roxanne Steed to paint this little plant I purchased for a friend (check out her work via the link under my "other daily painters" list). It was a challenge! The paper wrapping the pot is of different warm colors blending from one into the other. As I was painting it, I thought I had a pretty good feel for the dimensionality of it all, but now I'm not so sure!! I did really enjoy just working with those colors, though, and how the brushstrokes help to lead your eye around the painting.
I am also adding the blog of Mary Sheehan Winn to my Daily Painter list. I hope you enjoy her's and Roxanne's work!

1 comment:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Love the colour combinations here Vicki and your loose but bold brush work. Fabulous!

Jeffrey