Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"On a Red Sofa"


24"x24"
Oil on Cradled Board
NFS at this time

Painting with reds has been quite an experience! It was one thing doing it on a little 6x6" painting and quite another on this one! Basically, I feel like I made some progress with this painting, that I have learned some things. Also, though, it almost feels like it's an "in-between" painting--in between where I have been and where I hope to be going! I guess every painting is one of those! It strikes me that I can only paint what I can paint right now. What I mean by that is that I will see work and think, Yes! That's what I'd like to try! And then I find that I have not yet completed whatever steps it takes for me to get to the place that the other artist has arrived at, that I need to do the work to get there and just have to accept that! And it is all OK!!

No comments: