Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Painting in Process


24"x24"
Oil on Board

I started this painting about a month ago and was totally discouraged with it, but as time has gone on, I've been looking at it and seeing things I'd like to try so I brought it out this morning and started working on it again. This time around, it feels more like I can just enjoy painting until I get something I like rather than "having to make a painting!!!". But I DO hope it ends up being one I'll put in my show! I've painted two other versions of this painting--a 6x6 and an 8x8. This image was one of the first I used for a little "daily painting" about a year and a half ago. I was in such awe (and still am) of Karin Jurik's paintings and when I finished my first version of this subject, I was so excited because I thought that MAYBE I can do this, too! She has been such an inspiration!

No comments: