Monday, February 23, 2009

"Artist at Work #2" (sold)


6"x6"
Acrylic on Board
$100 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

I just had this urge to paint with acrylics! Besides the fact that my little dog got into my mineral spirits last week and was one sick puppy (he's fine now, thank God!!), I needed to try something different--and it definitely felt very much that way!! I'm going to play with them. I like that the brush makes a mark that "holds", but, then again, I miss the mooshiness of the oil paint. We'll see what happens!

3 comments:

Melissa Mead said...

this is a really stunning painting Vicki. I've been awaiting your return! I love the brush marks. I'm currently "fighting" finding my marks in a similar "style" painting. Would like to ask you how do you sign your name on the paintings?
Thanks very much!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I like how you show two versions of the same subject in different mediums. I completely understand the 'need' to switch mediums sometimes. I don't know which one I like better, but the acrylic painting 'grabs' the viewer more. Cool!

Atul Pande said...

Vicki: This is a lovely piece, as always.