Friday, February 20, 2009

"Artist at Work"


6"x6"
Oil on Board
$100 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

This painting is inspired by Mike, one of the students in the Thursday night drawing class I'm teaching. I say "inspired" because I didn't quite catch him in this painting. I might try it again. Frankly, this isn't the result I hoped for when I began the piece. I feel like it just doesn't have some kind of cohesiveness I want--I'm not sure how to name it. The thought came to mind when I decided it was time to stop that this painting seems to be a reflection of how my life has felt for a number of months--sort of a lack of focus with so many things to be trying to do at once, a lack of a firm base, staying on the surface of things while trying to keep up with everything I'm supposed to be doing. The painting has a vagueness about it that I don't care for. Interesting to me how all these things are connected! I get to take a little R&R time this weekend--hope to explore some of these ideas and get my feet planted firmly under me again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOLD! My wife wants it.

Mike Elliott (that's me in the painting; I'll see you next Thursday).