Friday, February 27, 2009

"Jake" #34 in a series of 50 faces


6"x6"
graphite on bristol board

$50 plus $10 domestic s/h

click here to ask about purchasing this drawing



I've been teaching an 8 week beginning drawing class for adults that had its last meeting last night. I was inspired by the people in it as I worked on this. One person mentioned how he was seeing much more in his subject than he would have a few weeks ago and as I thought about that, it made me want to keep finding and putting in as many subtleties as I could--until I ran out of time! I don't know how well the scan shows the subtleties anyway! But that class was so great! They worked so hard and the improvement was amazing! I'm really proud of them.

2 comments:

Melissa Mead said...

I'm always so impressed with the spaces in your art. It seems to draw my eye and really make the piece magic!

FCP said...

Hi Vicki,
I see you are working hard, and still exploring new ideas--good for you! You are an inspiration, keep up the great work,
Faye