Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"From the Trains"


10"x8"
Oil on Board
$295 unframed includes domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal
OR
go to
www.dailypainters.com to purchase

Finished! This painting was really fun to do. There's something about the reflective surfaces that I love working with. I think it's the abstract quality they get and that it gets to be more just about color than objects. Another thing I enjoyed about doing this painting was the working with negative shapes and how they define the positive. I find myself going back to the simple palette alot lately--permanent crimson, alizaron yellow and ultramarine blue (plus the whites). "Simple" is the key word here for me!

1 comment:

Leslie Saeta said...

I love the finished product! And you handled the shadows and reflections so well!