Monday, December 14, 2009

"Preparing Her Station"


12"x12"
Oil on Board
for purchase information contact River Bend Fine Art Gallery
I feel that this painting is finally finished. I wanted to tone down the foreground as it seemed to grab too much attention from the waitress. The waitress's name is Meghan, the restaurant is a great little place called "Chow" here in Bend, OR. It was an early winter morning, sun coming through the windows highlighting her. Meghan was still getting things ready before the breakfast crowd arrived. It brings back memories to me of my waitress days, though I was never much of a morning person in those days! Give me lunches and dinners and a good band to dance to when I got off work! Anyway, I fell in love with the way the light fell across her and the room she was in. I hope you all enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed painting!

No comments: