Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Erika" and teaching art classes


Wow! I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've posted anything! My time has been full working hard on an illustration job, teaching and catching up on commissioned work. I hope to start my "daily painting" again next week.
Meanwhile this is a little 10 minute watercolor and pencil sketch I did of Erika yesterday while she was working on a self portrait. One of the classes I get to teach right now is a portrait class for 8-12 year olds. It is a kick. They are a great group of kids. I'll have to post some of their work next week. I've also been teaching a beginning oil painting class for adults. Again, it was a great experience! I think I forget how much I love sharing information and teaching when I'm not doing it for awhile. That class ended yesterday.
The classes are through the Art Station here in Bend, OR, a part of Arts Central which is a one of the strong forces for education in the arts in our community and surrounding area. Check out their classes at their online catalog. I am leading a Daily Painting workshop through them from July 26-30, and working with watercolorist Mary Marquiss to co-lead classes combining drawing and watercolor skills in June and again in August.

No comments: