Monday, August 23, 2010

"Becky and Ty's First Dance"


12"x6"
Oil on Board
NFS

After nearly two months since my last post, it's good to be back to my blog! Even though I haven't been posting, I have been painting alot! This is a recent painting I did as a gift for a niece and her husband who married in July. I can't say how much I enjoyed painting this! I don't think there's anything quite as wonderful as painting someone you love--I swear I was smiling the whole time!
Commissions of this sort are welcome!!

5 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Ha ha, my same experience painting my sister! It came as a surprise to me, this wonderful feeling you write about. Welcome back. Lovely painting. I'm sure they will enjoy it more than any photos taken that day...

Pam Holnback said...

Love the love. Glad to see you back.

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

The sentiment and colors really make this painting. A lovely romantic piece.

Stephen Parker said...

Hi, Vicki. Glad to see you back and glad you've been able to keep painting. This is a beautiful piece and I'm sure your niece and new husband love it.

laine lea said...

Vicki what a great piece! I so agree that the feeling shiine thru the work!! Im working on a similiar piece of my nephew and his wife that I hope to finish by end of Sept. Fun!! Glad to be back at blogging after too long of not! Enjoyed catching up on your work and as always find it beautiful!