Saturday, September 18, 2010

"On the Docks, Newport Bayfront"


8"x10"
Oil on Board

$135 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through paypal


Posts have been few and far between! Spending all this past week in the painting workshop, I thought I'd have lots to post, but my laptop wasn't letting me do so and not alot of the paintings I did were finished. This was, though. I painted this before I did the one in the previous post--the light had changed considerably. My main focus was working with value shapes and trying to make a unified composition. A few things were very different in this workshop from how I normally work: one was the color palette which had many more colors on it than I am used to working with. Another was using bristle brushes and trying to get plenty of paint on. And the third was trying to paint rapidly, getting the statement down as quickly as possible. It was all good practice and I think I'm going to get myself a timer to try to keep working on spontaneity.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

This is a beautiful composition, Vicki!