Monday, December 13, 2010

"The Old Takacs Elevator"

8"x6"
Oil on Board
$150 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask to purchase this painting through Paypal

I was down in Merrill, OR the past few days, where this grain elevator has been part of the landscape for longer than I know.  I love these old structures.  There is such an elegance about them--at least to me!  I brought this little painting out of the archives--it was done a couple of years ago after I'd visited the area on a very very cold weekend.  Pristine air, snow geese, swans--what beauties that area offers!

1 comment:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Having grown up in a little prairie town that consisted of a grain elevator, a gas station and a post office, I too really like elevators. I especially like the Canadian prairie "milk carton" style that are unfortunately, rapidly disappearing.