Friday, December 31, 2010

"Reading the Comics at Starbucks"


10"x8"
Oil on Board
$255 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask to purchase this painting through Paypal

Happy New Year to all!  It feels good to end the year by painting!  I've been away for the Christmas holiday and haved missed my studio. . .
I mentioned in the post before last that I wanted to do a larger painting of this young guy reading the comics while he waited for Mom to bring the hot chocolate (or whatever!), so thought I'd work on that today.  In the study for it, I worked on a dark-ground board and wanted to try a lighter one as well as different colors.  So for this, I pulled out the pthalo blue, dioxozine purple, rose madder, cad red medium, vermillion, cad yellow lemon and white.  It's one of those paintings that doesn't quite fit the mold for my eyes and that I will have to live with for a bit before I decide how I "like" it!  Even as I say that, I realize that I do--it's just that it feels like somebody else did it!!  Odd! 

2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Vicki,
This is wonderful- love the variety of colors in the shirt and the implied comics in the newspaper. Really good:)

Susan Roux said...

Happy New Year! Just think of all the empty canvases left to be painted and a whole year of days to do it in... May it be a good one for you.