Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"First Friday Gallery Walk at River Bend Fine Art Gallery"


12"x12"
Oil on Board
$400 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask to purchase this painting through Paypal

This was so much fun to paint!  I worked to "mass" in the composition, but then because I've been wanting to explore the use of line more in my work, I started drawing with my brush.  After that, I played with filling out the form with color, leaving line where it seemed to work.  It was a good way to break out of the rut I feel I've been in, wanting to model everything so carefully.  I'm pleased with the freshness this painting kept and at the fact that I don't think I overworked it--an achievement!!
The color in the photo isn't great and I will be replacing it with a different photo tomorrow.


2 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Vicki, Amazingly good- love all the detail but so fresh. The lights in the ceiling are fun, the little paintings everywhere are over the top...you did such a good job! Wonderful and a favorite for sure.

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

Wonderful work here Vicki! Tough thing to paint loose and yet make it real...good stuff!

Jeffrey