Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"High Desert Belly Dancers #1"

10"x8"
Oil on Board
$175 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to purchase this painting through Paypal

This was a kick to paint, though intimidating for me!!  For one, I took my photos while the dancers were in motion, so obviously I didn't have the detail I was used to being able to look at, and, two, I haven't used these colors alot.  I found that the blur in the photos was to my advantage and allowed me to concentrate on the FEEL of the scene rather than trying to get everything exact.  Fun. 

3 comments:

Susan Roux said...

You really captured the swirling and movement. Going out of your comfort zone, what a great way to improve!

Tahirih Goffic said...

Lovely colors, lovely movement! This is a great piece!

Unknown said...

I love this painting, you really captured the energy of the dance. This is a painting of my dance troupe, Tribal Moon Belly Dance.

www.tribalmoonbellydance.com