Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Study for Cropped Pants All Around"


6.5"x6.5"
Oil on Board
$125 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

This gathering was at an art and quilt exhibit at Navigator News in Sisters, Oregon.  I have often looked at the photo I took of this scene wanting to paint it, but not quite sure what to do with it.  I think it's the collection of pants that got to me!  Anyway, it was good to do the study and I think I'll see what I can do on a larger scale.  It's a fun image to paint!

1 comment:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

I very much like the rhythm of the figures in this painting. I have never understood why middle aged women embrace cropped pants so much when I find them rather unflattering...it shortens and widens their figures.