Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Close Approach"


6"x8"
Oil on Board
$100 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

I haven't done a rodeo painting for awhile and enjoyed this.  One thing I really like about doing them is working with subjects in motion.  It's interesting to me how I can see my work changing in this, much looser.  For the past few years, brights have been my brush of choice, but now am branching out and adding rounds and filberts to my bag of tricks!.  Back in the 90's I went through a long period when only flats would do!

2 comments:

Stephanie Berry said...

I hadn't been to your site for some time--how did I let that happen?! Nice work--all of it. I really do like this especially.

Linda Popple said...

Lots of energy in this painting! Your colors and composition add to the dynamic feel! Well done!