Tuesday, December 7, 2010

"Rebecca"

16"x12"
Oil on Canvas
NFS
This is a study I did for a painting I hope to do soon.  I actually painted it twice!  The first one was with the palette I've been using alot over the past year and a half:  alizaron crimson, alizaron yellow, ultramarine blue and white.  The drama in it was great, the composition better, but the color ended up so muddy!  Skin tones were just plain ugly.  I decided to try it again using cad yellows, cad red, alizaron crimson, fanchon red and then cobalt blue and viridian.  It's better.  I am going to keep working on this, though!

4 comments:

Susan Roux said...

Good luck! Its quite an undertaking. I like where you're going with this. Your bride will be very pleased.

Janice said...

Rebecca Painting looks beautiful, very soft. And a great pose for a painting. well done

Mitzi Easley said...

Great Vicki - thanks for sharing the palette info - this version is lovely, very expressive and soft. Well done!

Linda Popple said...

I love the composition with her flowers behind her. Thanks for sharing the palette info. It's always interesting to see how other artists find their colors.