Friday, November 21, 2008

"Andean Air"


12"x9"
Linoleum Block/watercolor
NFS

I'm ending the last of this series of Latin-themed prints with my favorite.
Looking back on these pieces makes me think how fortunate I've been to have spent most of my adult life focused on doing artwork in one way or another. I have enjoyed exploring so many techniques and styles. Each one has been my favorite at the time, of course! At one point I did alot of papier mache wall sculpture--and IT was my favorite! Then I got into re-creating some of my paintings by embroidering with tiny tiny beads--which I still might be doing if I could actually get paid for the amount of time they take! Then I've known that landscape painting in the vein of Georgia O'Keeffe was where I would stay all my life; and then I rediscovered wood and linoblock printing and THAT was my calling!! Then I discovered you daily painters and now I feel like it's painting these "slice of life" themes--and I can't imagine doing anything else!! It's so funny. And it's such a huge gift!!

1 comment:

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Hi Vicki, I am glad to know that I am not the only one that jumps around like a cricket between techniques. I feel like people often try to make me feel quilty about doing it. But I think it is boring when you walk into a gallery show and all 20 paintings are almost exactly alike. Artist are supposed to play and experiment, or at least, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!