Friday, November 14, 2008

"What's the Attraction?"


6"x6"
Oil on Board
$100 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

Today's painting is from the Sisters (Oregon) quilt show. Sisters is a town of under 2000 (I'm pretty sure!) and every July they have a quilt show that draws quilt afficionados, quilters and their quilts from all over the country. They hang them early on a Saturday morning all over town and thousands of people walk all over the quaint little town looking at the beautiful creations. I don't know how many quilts go up, but I'm sure it must be in the hundreds. The show lasts for the day. The week before is filled with workshops on quilting and dying and whatever one might do as they quilt. I am not a quilter, but certainly admire the art of it! I took lots of pictures and this is the first time I've gotten to work with any of them for a painting. I have liked the pose of the woman in the foreground and have wanted to paint her for quite some time.



1 comment:

Barbara Pask said...

Really like this. Love how loose it is and all the visible brush strokes.