Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Dreaming of Mexico"


12"x9"
linoleum block/watercolor
NFS

Today is being spent preparing some work to hang for a show and working on my illustration project, so I decided to post one of the pieces going into the show since I won't be able to get a little painting done. Actually, this is one of a series of pieces I did a number of years ago for an illustration job for covers for a Spanish language magazine. I had been in Mexico City on my honeymoon for the celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe. The print is a composite of memories from my trip (and not really aself-portrait!!). Makes me want to be there! I will be posting the other three images in the series as the craziness around here continues. They are not available for sale on this site, but I do think I'll have some greeting cards or giclees done of them.

1 comment:

Roxanne Steed said...

OMG - this is such a cool & beautiful image!! (reminds me of when we lived in San Diego....& I am missing THAT right now)!!