Saturday, September 19, 2009

"At Townshend's Teahouse in Bend, Oregon" sold


5"x7"
Oil on Gessoboard

I can already see that I am not going to get to do any artwork today--going to go to my husband's class reunion where I expect to get some inspiration for more paintings! Anyway, I decided to bring out this little painting which is one of my favorites. It is a scene from a teahouse downtown here in Bend. I loved the backlighting and effect of the women and objects silouetted against the window. Also, this is the first painting I did with alizaron yellow and a limited palette. It was quite an eye-opener for me!


This painting is also available framed for $180. If you are interested in that, email me and I can send you a photo of it in its frame.

3 comments:

Dana Cooper Fine Art said...

I really like this one too Vicki. The limited palette really works for it!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Wow! Yes, the backlit effect is captivating. Love it!

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful little scene, Vicki, the lighting is fantastic.