Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"Lunch at the Ore House"


8"x8"
Oil on Board
$150 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

I did a little painting of this subject nearly two years ago and was looking at it the other day and decided to see how I'd paint it now. I had the intention of really workng with values and THEN I started putting the color in! I pared down my palette to three transparent primaries I like to use plus white. This ended up OK, and I had alot of fun trying different color, etc., but it's not what I was after--I'm not sure just what I'm trying to do, but there's something wanting to change in my painting and it feels like this is part of the process. Something different has been trying to emerge in my work. It's so frustrating to not be able to just pin it down and DO IT!! Instead, I guess I just have to keep painting and see what evolves.

No comments: