Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Table For Four"




20"x16"
Oil on Board
contact me for purchase information
I've been teaching most of this past week and working on an illustration job, but finally got to paint! I've been working on this for a couple of days and it just isn't the painting I had in mind!! I prepped the board with the venetian red gesso and it was hard to bring it up to a higher key. I think I'll do it again without the dark gesso. I love the subject, the way the light streams in from the east windows.

The classes have been great. My friend, Mary Marquiss and I co-taught a class called "Dance of Line and Watercolor". In the morning, I would work with drawing skills with the students and in the afternoon, Mary would work with them in watercolor, taking the concepts from the morning and using them in paint. We will be offering it again in August through wwww.artscentraloregon.org.

1 comment:

Lori Bonanni said...

Wonderful light on this!