Friday, February 25, 2011

"Wizard"


12"x9"
Oil on Panel
sold

This painting is a commission I've been working on the past few days.  In this painting, I used a white I haven't tried before:  Gamblin's Flake White Replacement.  If I've ever used Flake White, it was years ago, so I'm not sure what it's supposed to be like, but this was a great alternative to the Titanium and Radiant Whites I've been using alot of.  It's really thick and holds the brush stroke, very easy to use a painting knife with. 

I look and see I haven't posted since Monday and am wondering what else I've been doing, because it hasn't been posting paintings!!!  Actually, illustration work and working on getting a website going has been taking up alot of time this week.  I'm looking forward to getting back to my easel very soon!

No comments: