Friday, August 22, 2008

"Granville Island Market"


12"x12"
Oil on Board
NFS at this time

Well, I think I'm finished with this! I'll look at it for a couple of days and then decide. I'm at the point where I really can't "see" the painting very well anymore--I welcome any feedback on it! The color in the photo is a little dull--I had a hard time getting the correct color in the photo I'm posting. One thing I like about this is the overall warmth. It's interesting, too, to me, to compare this painting with the one I posted yesterday which was done over a year ago. I am happy to see myself moving--even a tiny bit!-- away from my reference material and trying to see more what works to make it a better painting.

This is going to be my last post on the Daily Painters Gallery for a couple of weeks. I really need to just concentrate on this illustration job I've been working on as the deadlines are looming. I'll still be painting some and will be posting it when I do, but I won't be showing anything in the Daily Painters Gallery again before September 6th. So, happy trails till then!

2 comments:

PAT MEYER -- said...

You captured a moment in time. Recording history for all.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is fabulous.