Sunday, August 10, 2008

"When the Rabbitbrush Turns"


8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Mixed Media Drawing on Bristol Board
$100 US +$10 domestic s/h

My days are a little too full right now with teaching, illustration work and getting ready for a show, so I am bringing out some pieces from not so long ago, but that I haven't posted. This seemed to me to fit with the Daily Painter Gallery's month-long celebration of this beautiful planet. This drawing is actually a compilation of images from my memories as I have hiked around areas of central and eastern Oregon. The rabbitbrush (or chamisa) turns an amazingly intense yellow in the late summer and early autumn here--a sight I am grateful to see every year!

The drawing is done with pastel, graphite and colored pencils and is "fixed"(!).

1 comment:

Sheila Vaughan said...

The colours and freshness of this are beautiful Vicki.