Friday, August 15, 2008

"The Red Skirt"


12"x9"
Oil on Board
NFS at this time

This is of Laura when we visited Mockingbird Gallery here in Bend last week. I love to paint her--she's so interesting to watch--comfortable in her body. This doesn't do her justice, but I am happy with the painting--except I might decide to soften that diagonal line that leads your eye out the bottom right corner! I had a tough time with the color--trying to choose a palette that was like the scene itself, but it just didn't work. I simplified it to a couple of cad reds, ultramarine blue, yellow ochre, white. It's amazing to me the range of colors you can get with those. This painting is for an upcoming show.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this painting - great job.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like it alot!