Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"At the BBQ""


6"x6" image
Graphite on Bristol Board
$60 plus $10 s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this drawing through Paypal

This young woman was also in a painting a posted a few days ago, but this time I focused on her and her expression. Not sure I got exactly what I was aiming for. . .but in doing this one I noticed how much more I was seeing (in the photograph) the longer I spent with the drawing. It always amazes me how it is the subtleties--and there are SO many of them--that make up a person's expression! What drew me to her face was the eyes that were encircled with heavy black liner and the contrast of that with the rest of her face and the way she looked out from under her lashes as if she was very wary of something she was seeing. And, darn! I don't think I captured that! Maybe I'll have to try it again!


No comments: