Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Gentle Man"


Image: 6"x6"
Graphite on Bristol Board
$60 plus $10 s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this drawing through Paypal

#3 in the series of 50 faces--I think this is going to be an interesting process! I'm seeing that it's going to go from "doing this feels like a good idea" and "a solution to a problem" to being an endeavor in itself that is going to take me someplace--and I really don't know where! I was thinking that if time allows, I'd like to pick my favorite one each week and do a painting from it. We'll see!

This drawing is of my husband, Gary. I've never known anybody to enjoy wearing a hat as much as he does! I used a photo for reference--which didn't seem quite right seeing as how the real thing was sitting downstairs! But I'm glad I did--it was like a meditation on him and I was so taken by the gentleness I saw in the photo that it was a really special experience.

1 comment:

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

The gentleness you saw in his face really comes through. Beautiful. And what a great project, the 50 drawings of faces, love it.