Thursday, December 11, 2008

"Study of Laura"


6"x6"
Graphite on Bristol Board
NFS

I can't believe how doing just these four drawings has got me studying the faces of the people I see! It's like I try to memorize them in "sight bites"! It also shows me something about how I perceive people--even looking directly at someone as we're talking, I still don't really "see" the features of that person's face unless I really concentrate on it. So I ask myself--what am I seeing as I listen? And can't I really observe totally if I am also trying to listen carefully?

1 comment:

Deb Schmit said...

I love your work Vicki,
Your prints are fantastic!
I understand the uneasy balance of finding time for the blog, when theres a living to be made.
But the rewards are so huge!
I'll stop be later and see what your up to.

Cheers!