Monday, March 16, 2009

"Eggshells"


6"x6"
Oil on Board
contact River Bend Fine Art Gallery for purchase information

I've had a bowl of broken egg shells in the refrigerator for the past couple of weeks because I just like the way they look! I decided to do a painting of them this morning--wow! What a challenge! For one thing, it was great to be working from life and trying to see "real" color! But the colors kept changing! I enjoyed working with the brushstrokes, though. One thing I wish I had done was to put in a whole egg to set up a context for the pieces of shell. Live and learn!

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

heehee, Vicki, we're soul sisters with the props. I keep all kinds of food props in my refrigerator, waaaay back where my tall hubby can't really see them ;)
I love the eggs!