Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"Mother Love #2" (sold)


12"x12" image size
Oil on Board
The last couple of days I've been working on paintings I've started for a show and trying to finish them. This one has been a challenge. I did a little 6x6 inch painting of this subject and loved it so much (posted May 25)! I decided to do a larger version for a show next month and have found that it sounds so much easier than it is! finally realized that each painting is its own and needs to be approached that way. I had to just let go of trying to make the same painting twice and allow it to be what it is!

3 comments:

Jeff Mahorney said...

Just Beautiful. What a kind light bathes everything.

Kristin Grevich said...

Love this painting1 You have captured the moment!

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Wonderful job, Vicki! This does look like a challenge. I saw this before it was finished and wondered where you were going with it. Now I see the mother and child relationship so well in the composition. It's beautiful so all your hard work paid off!