Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Frank"


20"x13"
Watercolor and India Ink on Yupo
$175 includes domestic s/h
click here to ask to purchase this painting through Paypal

Frank walked into the gallery the other evening when I was working. I didn't recognize him! He is a Bend institution who we are used to seeing with a beard and mustache, long hair, old Carhart jacket and pants sitting on a street corner with his dog(s) and cats playing his guitar for money. I've met him before, but Thursday was the first time I ever really talked to him much. He's been going through a big change--hence the clean-shaven look, bright feminine clothing and so much more jewelry than I could indicate in this study! He graciously allowed me to take his photo so that I might paint him, and was particularly concerned that his Michael Jackson t-shirt be in the picture. Hopefully I'll be painting him more.

No comments: