Friday, January 22, 2010

"Helping With the Ribbon" #3 (sold)


8"x6"
Oil on Board
$115 plus $10 domestic s/h
click here to ask about purchasing this painting through Paypal

Here's a smaller version of the same painting I did a few weeks ago. It's funny to me how there are some images I could paint over and over--and also some challenges I feel compelled to try again--like painting the whites. This little painting was also a challenge because of the size. I think after doing it larger that I expected the same detail, etc. It was nice to see that it could be its own painting, not necessarily a copy of the other.

5 comments:

David Larson Evans said...

excellant.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

I really love the intimate treatment of the subject, no matter the size! Your whites are wonderfully rendered.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

SO beautiful Vicki!!

Anonymous said...

Vicky, you managed to master it yet again..this time with a slight temperature change. i like it, you still captured the precious moment.

Lindy Gaskill said...

I love your mother and child paintings. They really capture the special moments between parent and child. Sweet!