Monday, January 21, 2008

"Road Out of Lone Pine"


6"x6"
Oil on Board

This past weekend I took a day to drive around and find some inspiration for paintings. The colors here in the winter tend to go towards greys, golds and lots of neutrals so I wasn't really sure if I'd find anything I wanted to work with. What I did find was alot of beauty in the starkness of the landscape and the muted colors and a challenge to work with what is rather than what I think it ought to be. This little painting is just what the title says, a road coming out of (or going to) Lone Pine. However, I really never did find anything that looked like a town! Lots of ranches, though. The light area at the top edge of the road is smoke from burning that was being done.


Click here to bid on ebay or here to ask me about purchase information.

No comments: