Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Sunday Morning Rain" (sold)


6"x8"
Oil on Board
$100 includes domestic s/h

Alot of people assume that Oregon is a "rainy" state and are surprised to find out that nearly have of the state is high desert country. Well, this painting is from the quarter of the state that perpetuates its soggy reputation. Portland is in the lush, green and very beautiful Willamette Valley. This is a subject I've never painted before--the paper boxes on the wet reflective street. I found myself getting lost in the reflections--it was a good exercise for working on seeing color shapes as opposed to objects and I'd like to repeat it!
Also, there is a new artist I've added to the list of daily painters --Terry Rafferty who also was at Carol Marine's workshop. Hope you will check out her work!

Click here to ask me about purchase information.

No comments: